|Please feel free to contact me anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org|
The years went by and my love of cooking (and eating) grew. I found I loved browsing through cookbooks and cooking magazines, salivating over the scrumptious pictures. Whenever I saw a picture I just had to eat, I bought the cookbook or the magazine. Then, came the internet! And added to my cookbook cupboard (yes, I have an entire designated cupboard), became printed pages of recipes from the web with notes scribbled all over them of things I loved, or things I would change next time.
More years went by and everytime I opened the recipe cupboard I got a little overwhelmed at where to start! Which book should I look in and what should I do with all these sheaves of paper I've accumulated? So, I would just shut the cupboard and go find a new recipe! I rarely make the same recipe twice, unless it's an all-time, hands down favorite. There are just too many good things to try! And what if there is a better recipe out there? Thus began my quest for great recipes!
18 years and five kids later, I've learned a few things about myself:
- I think that the season of winter should only last one month...the month of December.
- I'd rather mow the lawn than clean the kitchen.
- I love tupperware containers.
- I color code the shirts in my closet, but not my husbands!
- I love flowers. All kinds. I love planting them. But if I don't have automatic sprinklers, they would all die!
- I HATE bees. I run when I see one.
- I think strangers are just friends you haven't gotten to know yet.
- I love animals, as long as they are tied to a leash and I don't have to touch them.
- I love babies. If you have one and ever need a babysitter, I happily volunteer!
- The perfect day is a clean house, good music playing, sunlight streaming through the windows, the smell of yummy food, smiling kids and great friends coming over for dinner!
- I love summer evenings. I love sitting on my porch to eat my dinner while watching the kids ride bikes in the neighborhood.
- I love long walks. I love the ocean. I love bike rides. I think we were born bare foot for a reason.
- I can't walk in high heels.
- I'm an eternal optimist, except on the days I feel like being pessimistic.
- I'm very accident prone and I do things on a whim.
- I love spoiling my kids, except for when they start to think they aren't spoiled enough.
- I love buying new swimsuits, but I rarely get in the pool except to cool off.
- I love clorox wipes, windex and paper towels.
- I love gain laundry detergent. It smells heavenly.
- I love great quotes.
- I love fireplaces and the smell of cinnamon and cloves.
- I hate the noise of TV.
- I love to laugh and I must love to cry, because I do my fair share of that too!
- I believe each day is a new day, so make it be what you want it to be!
Here's to spending the rest of my life learning even more and embracing whatever comes my way!