Thursday, October 28, 2010

Slow cooked Pork Ribs

I made some ribs for dinner tonight. Yum, were they ever good! The kids ate them all up and wanted more! I really thought the sauce was good. I left out the cayenne pepper, as my kids don't like it spicy. They sure tasted good with garlic, smashed red potatoes. I was just missing the bloomin' onion! I did have to tweak the recipe a bit to make it work with my work schedule. I actually cooked them most the way the night before, then put it in the fridge overnight and finished up the next day. They were great. Perfect way to make ribs in the winter when you don't want to go outside and use the grill! Brown the ribs and then season them with a mixture of: 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. garlic salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper (This is enough for one rack of ribs). Bake in the oven, covered in tinfoil at bake 275 for 3 hours. Then I put it in the fridge overnight and finished the next day. But you can just dump the sauce over it and continue to cook for another 30 minutes.

Sauce:
2 medium onions, chopped
1 TBSP. minced garlic
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup water
1 cup spicy ketchup
3 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke
2 teaspoons ground mustard
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional (I didn't use it)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Saute the onions and garlic in the butter until soft. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Pour over ribs and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Serve.

No comments: