This recipe is all over the internet and has been around for years. It’s a classic dessert. I haven’t made it forever! I forgot how much I love it. I used chocolate pudding, but you can use any kind of pudding you like.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup finely-chopped pecans
- 2 eight-ounce packages softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 eight-ounce containers Cool Whip
- 3 cups milk
- 2 small boxes instant pudding, any flavor
How to make it
- In medium mixing bowl, cut together one stick butter or margarine, flour, and chopped walnuts or pecans. Press evenly into ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake for approximately 10 minutes in a preheated 350-degree oven until light golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together confectioner's sugar and softened cream cheese. Fold in one 8-ounce container whipped cream. Spread over cooled crust.
- Beat milk and two packages pudding mix. Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread one 8-ounce container whipped cream over pudding layer.
- If desired, sprinkle additional finely-chopped walnuts or pecans over top layer. Refrigerate several hours or overnight until ready to serve.