Saturday, February 2, 2013

Chicken and Spinach Quesadillas

I liked this basic recipe for quesadillas.  I need to play around with the spices more, but I am definitely willing to make again.  I wanted to log the recipe to use as a starting point next time.  I know I ended up having to add quite a bit more seasoning to the mixture, but it turned out really good.  It is one I will keep messing with until I find the right amount of seasonings for my taste.

Ingredients:
2 cups, cooked and diced chicken, seasoned with cumin and salt and pepper
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced red bell pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
4 cups baby spinach, chopped
1 can of cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 TBSP. flour
Flour tortillas
Shredded cheese
Shredded lettuce
Avocados
Salsa
Olive oil, for sautéing

In a skillet, saute the chicken, onions, bell pepper, garlic in a little oil with a little cumin, salt and pepper.  Add in the spinach, beans, flour and chicken broth (to desired thickness).  Simmer for a few minutes.  Mixture should be pretty thick.  Place mixture on half of the flour tortilla, sprinkle with a little cheese, fold over the other side and brown in skillet until toasted.  Flip.  Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, avocados, etc.

No comments: