Monday, January 28, 2013

High Protein No Bake Cookie Bars

There are few people in this world that I know of that do not like good old fashioned No Bake Cookies.  With chocolate, peanut butter and oatmeal, how can you go wrong?  I make a similar version of this recipe, only much higher in protein.  If you are trying to eat a little healthier, then you may want to try this.  It satisfies my chocolate craving for less carbs than most other things. 

If you have a favorite low carb treat, please share!


Ingredients:
1 cube butter
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
4 heaping TBSP. of cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla

Bring to a boil, add 1 cup peanut butter and stir until creamy.  Then add:

2 cups chopped almonds
1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup ground flaxseed

Place wax paper in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  Pour mixture on top and press down to fill in the pan.  Place pan in refrigerator.  Eat when hardened and cold.  Keeps good for a long time in the fridge.

1 comment:

Adelina Priddis said...

My hubby loves no bakes. I'll have to see if I can sneak this recipe past him :)