Sunday, April 10, 2011

Roasted Asparagus

A quick, easy and healthy side dish.  When my kids were young, I labeled vegetables as items to help them get excited about eating them.  As they’ve gotten older, it still seems to stick.  When I serve broccoli, they still exclaim “yum, we are having trees for dinner!” or “can I please have more clouds? (cauliflower)”.  These, are our yummy palm trees!

Ingredients:
Asparagus
1 1/2 TBSP. olive oil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt (or 1/4 tsp. regular table salt)

Directions:
Wash asparagus and snap ends of asparagus off.  Some people peel their asparagus.  I don’t.  I like it just as is.  Take the asparagus and place in a ziploc bag with the olive oil and salt and shake to coat.  Spread out on a tinfoil lined cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes depending upon the thickness of your stalks.

1 comment:

Katie said...

this looks amazing. Asparagus is one of my favorite veggie.