Saturday, May 29, 2010

Granola

This is a recipe that I love for homemade granola. It's light and NOT too sweet. I love it mixed most in my yogurt for a snack, but I love it with milk too. When I make it, I usually four times the recipe. I store it in a tupperware container (what will fit) and the rest I put in ziploc bags and freeze. If you like it more clumpy, you can add more honey. I think it's perfect the way it is.

Granola Ingredients:
9 cups rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup oil
1 cup honey
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup whole flaxseed
1/2 cup ground flaxseed

Mix all together and spread evenly on the bottom of two cookie sheets. Bake at 350 and stir every 10 minutes until the granola is lightly browned. It will store up to four months in your pantry.

No comments: