Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rosemary Grilled Chicken Kabobs

I decided to try a new recipe for dinner tonight. We all gave it a thumbs up. I have decided I'm definitely in love with grilling my veggies. Tonight I just made up my own rub, with some brown sugar, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme and basil. It was really good. The rice is a mushroom rice...one of my favorites to make. It's just that basic rice recipe, only with more garlic, onion, mushrooms and some thyme. I did learn one thing...the leftovers for the shiskabobs taste really good the next morning in an omelette! Same goes for the steak shiskabobs. Ingredients:
1 cup olive oil
1 cup ranch salad dressing
6 TBSP. Worcestershire sauce
2 TBSP. minced fresh romsemary or 1 tsp. dried
4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. white vinegar
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 TBSP. sugar
Chicken Breasts
Green pepper
Red Pepper
Onion
Mushrooms

In a ziploc bag mix together all the incredients for the marinade. Let stand for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to absorb. Dump have the marinade in another ziploc bag and add the cut up veggies to it. In the other bag, put the cut up meat. Let marinate at least six hours.

Thread the chicken and veggies on your skewers. Lightly oil the grill. Grill skewers for 8 to 12 minutes. Don't over grill!

No comments: