Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Shiskabobs and Grilled Veggies

I'm not really great at taking pictures of the food. I promise you...it tastes better than it looks! This recipe for the marinade for shiskabobs I got from my sister-in-law Denise. We love it so much though, so it's a regular around here. It sure tasted yummy tonight! I usually use top sirloin, but I have used more expensive cuts as well. With as long as it marinates, I think top sirloin is great! Tonight I bought some zuchinni, summer squash, asparagus, sweetpotatoes, and butternut squash and grilled them. They were delicious! My favorites were the asparagus and the sweet potatoes, but all the vegetables tasted delicious. Marinade Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
10 TBSP. cider vinegar
4 tsp. onion powder
5 tsp. celery salt
3 tsp. garlic salt
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. salt (I prefer kosher)
5 tsp. oregano leaves
2 1/2 tsp. pepper
5 TBSP. prepared mustard
5 small bay leaves

Bring all the ingredients to a boil, stirring well and pour 1/2 mixture over your cut up steak and refrigerate overnight (I usually just do the morning of). The remaining mixture pour over chopped vegetables (onions, peppers, mushrooms). Place on skewers before grilling and grill.

Grilled Vegetables:
Sliced Vegetables (sweet potatoes, zucchini, summer squash, butternut squash, asparagus)
2 TBSP. olive oil
2 TBSP. McCormick Vegetable seasoning (Perfect Pinch)?

Slice the vegetables long and thin. Put in a ziploc bag and toss to coat. Grill.

No comments: